Tuesday 25 June 2013

An update and a Tutorial

Hello there mini friends…
We've had some rainy days but it's Wimbledon and my grandma always used to say that this was the best time to catch the sun and she was right because today is beautiful so I popped outside to take even more pictures of the caravan.


I've had a sudden burst of mini-making and got lots of little things done on the van and even though I change my mind all the time (woman’s prerogative) you can actually see it coming together in the sneak, peek, interior picture below.  I’ll also show you have I made the little hanging basket hooks and next time I’ll show you how I made the baskets and flowers to go on them.  

First off the latest pictures...







As you can see I've done a bit more painting just to bring it all in line... I may still add more, I'm trying to be careful so as not to over-kill :)


Now for the sneak peek inside...

Sooooo much to do still in here...
Yes so far its looks like shocking pink V's yellow, but I can assure you that once the rest of the decorating is completed inside it won't look quite so scary lol.  Note the little step stool that I painted gold and re-covered and also the seat pads.  Below you can see I've still got to make a little fire light so that the stove lights up and You can just see the bead curtain too.


I plan on splitting off the bed section and so far I've made a wooden frame that needs curtains, I plan on making the back section of the bed have mirrored cupboards... we shall see how this looks when i test it out, as always the plans could change. Well I guess you will have to take my word for it, it WILL look fantastic once it's complete but I will have to work out how to take a good picture in such a tiny space.  

Lastly, here is how I made those little hanging basket hooks...

YOu will need a tiny piece of thin wire, the stuff you find in a ring bound note pad is fine for this,  some florists wire and a bit of card.

Cut a strip of card around 3-4mm in width and aprox 6-8 cm long.  Cut the wire to about 2.5 - 3cm long and bend each end  so it curls round.

Like this!

Make a fold in the centre of the card.

Poke two tiny holes in the card around 1.3cm from the bend on both sides.  

Cut two lengths of fine florist wire.

Twist the wire around each end of the hook.

Thread the thin wire through the holes in the card.

Spread some glue along the back of the card, fold down the wire and then fold over the edge of the card ...

Do the same on both sides so it looks like this.  I like to leave a end just to help with holding it during painting but this should be trimmed later.


Paint it gold, trim the end and stick it to your wall.
As always thank you for your lovely comments, I do love to hear from you.
Till next time, big mini hugs
Gill x

9 comments:

  1. Preciosa, maravillosa!! un abrazo, Arantza

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved that shade of pink and yellow together! Nice little bracket tutorial, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brill Tut. Gill...thank you,...love love love the colours xxx Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you're just too kind you lovely people, glad you like the colours so far,my plan is to have lots of flashes of other colours inside and LOTS of detail! A sort of Romany meets hippy lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was für eine beeindruckende Arbeit. ich bin sehr begeistert.
    LG Beate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to know more about the wire you use - what gauge? You mention you get the wire from a ring bound note pad. Is there any other source you can suggest?

    ReplyDelete